Police is investigating circumstances under which four children in the same household, died in a fire.
The incident happened today on Thursday at Kawuku cell, Mulawa parish, Kiira division, Kiira Municipality in Wakiso district at the home of Ms Annet Naigaga a local businesswoman dealing in Roasted Maize and Yellow Bananas.
It is alleged that Ms Naigaga left her home early in the morning to go and fetch water from a nearby well about 500 metres from her home, leaving the four children; Namulindwa Even, 8, Kibuuka Isan 6, her children and her grandchildren Nansubuga Noreen 3, and Cynthia home.
The children were left inside their old two-bedroom, semi-permanent house with their elder sister, 12-year-old Nakkasi Catherine who was preparing to go to school.
However, upon returning home from the well, she saw a lot of smoke coming from the house.
The four children were crying for help inside the house and the door was closed, she made an alarm and attempted to enter and rescue the children, but the fire was too much.
The Police at Kiira Division have opened up inquiries into the incident and preliminary investigations indicate that there was a fueled motorcycle inside the house, hence the big fire.
It is also alleged that Nakasi Catherine who is the eldest child could have left the candle burning inside the house before she left for school.
The four bodies have been conveyed to the city mortuary Mulago for Postmortem. More details into this unfortunate incident will be availed as soon as they are available.