In 2004, the Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs (MoDVA) undertook a comprehensive program to transform the Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces (UPDF) into a modern, professional and accountable force subordinate to the civilian authority.
Part of this is recruiting Ugandans who meet the standards prescribed in the UPDF Act 2005; Articles 51 and 52.
We therefore would like to inform the public that UPDF is once again embarking on a recruitment exercise to attract very composed and patriotic Ugandans ready to serve in the regular, professional and specialized units. Recruitment of 10,000 Ugandans will be conducted between 18 Jun 2022 -04 Jul 2022, broken down as below;
Regular Recruits from 18 June to 04 July 22 in various Districts
100 Medical Personnel from 30 June to 01 July 22 at Kololo Airstrip
1,000 Drivers and Mechanics from 30 Jun – 01 July at Gadhafi Barracks, Jinja
600 Airforce at Kololo Ceremonial grounds
For one to be recruited, they must meet the criteria below;
1. MUST be citizen of Uganda holding the original National Identity Card.
2. MUST be in good health, medically fit and ready to undergo road run me and check-ups.
3. Should be between the age regular of 18-25 or 18-30 if he/she is to enlist as a regular or professional.
4. MUST be single with no children to avoid family distractions.
5. Regular recruits should possess minimum education of S.4 or S.6 with bias in science subjects such as physics, chemistry or mathematics.
6. Professionals should be holders of degrees/diplomas in medicine, engineering, chemistry, education or posses vocational skills.
7. MUST be of good character and supported by letter from LC1 and GISOs.
(Further details shall be posted in newspaper adverts and radio announcements)
The UPDF Leadership has set up teams to ensure that the exercise runs successfully and Districts are further encouraged to meet their quotas allocated.
I Finally, I wish to encourage all Ugandans who meet the criteria to come and join the Mighty UPDF and to keep in mind that joining the UPDF is not just a career but is mostly a patriotic calling to serve our Motherland with great sacrifice, bravery and determination.